THE IMPORTANCE OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING OCCUPATIONS TOWARDS THAILAND’S PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
Date: 7 September
Organised by Thai Association for Medical Instrumentation
In today’s high technology environment with a proliferation of advanced and complex medical equipment, Biomedical Engineering (BME) and Biomedical Engineering /Equipment Technician/Technologist (BMET) play a vital role in patient care. By adopting a professional approach they can make a significant contribution towards achieving high level of patient safety. To ensure medical equipment is well- maintained, properly configured and safely functional, they have great value in hospital and healthcare environment.
To recognize the essence and importance of Biomedical Engineering occupation, Thailand Professional Qualification Institute (Public Organization) or TPQI – a primary agency responsible for developing professional qualifications as a mechanism to enhance the progress and productivity of manpower in the country, has recently included Biomedical Engineering occupation into one of TPQI’s projects. TPQI will develop professional qualification system and issue professional standard by collaborating with all related agency to jointly create the standard and measure according to international standard. These standard and measurement will boost more confidence to the physicians, nurses, medical equipment users and most importantly the patients. Furthermore, the standard will enhance Thailand hospital and healthcare industry to the top level.
This seminar will bring together distinguished speakers from related agencies to share and keep you updated on BME professional qualification and standard. What BME professionals or medical equipment users especially from hospital and healthcare industry will be affected and what should they prepare to achieve new TPQI professional standard.
Our speakers include:
- Assist. Professor Anusara Srisrual, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok
- Mr. Somchai Inniem, Medical Engineering Division, Ministry of Public Health
- Mr. Jaroon Pidtalek, Division of Biomedical Engineering, Rajavithi Hospital
- Moderator, Thai Association for Medical Instrumentation
The seminar will be highly beneficial to
- Biomedical engineers
- Medical Equipment Technicians/ Technologiest
- Those in charge of medical equipment including nurses, hospital technicians, etc.
- Those working at the medical center/unit of private and public hospitals
- Those involving with medical equipment under private companies and government agencies